J'aime le ATARI en bleu...
The original refinery was built in 1856, and by 1870 it processed more than half of the sugar used in the United States. A fire in 1882 caused the plant to be completely rebuilt in brick and stone, and those buildings remain, albeit with alterations made over the years. The business was so successful that in May 1896, American Sugar became one of the original twelve companies in the Dow Jones Industrial Average. In 1917, while producing sugar for the Allies, an explosion destroyed part of the plant, killing several workers. A crowd of more than 15,000 people gathered to watch the plant burn. There was serious concern that the explosion was the work of German agents. The refinery was the site of one of New York City's longest labor strikes in history. The refinery stopped operating in 2004, and three of the buildings were given landmark status by the Landmarks Preservation Commission in 2007. In 2010, a developer's plan to convert the site to residential use received support from the New York City Council.
Lien vers Google Maps : http://goo.gl/maps/jdiZE